Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week 8: Reflection

I enjoy the reading for the most part. There is not one piece I haven’t really liked. I struggle at some points in stories, trying to keep up or it just lingering, but other then that I enjoy all of the readings. Overall I think my reading strategies are really working for me. I typically read the whole piece and pick a chapter I enjoyed out of the section we are assigned. I then write detailed notes on that chapter which makes it really easy for me to transition to my writing. Because I focus so much on one chapter I am really prepared when I go to write my story. I have clear details that I can either completely change and just go with the general idea or I can take little details and expand it from there. I think I have done decent in the writings I have done but would love to spend more time on them. I typically rush through them and then proof read, which is fine, but I think I could do better if I write a small amount and then come back to it with fresh ideas. I have done very few comments on others but from the few I did and from the glancing I did earlier today I enjoyed the unique outlooks on the books. I enjoy the diversity it brings with everyone and their background story.


1 comment:

  1. I definitely have a harder time understanding some of the content of the stories we have to read. I like the strategy you give for your reading notes. After taking myth and folklore AND this class I still feel like there is a better way I could be going about it. Maybe I will try out your style and see if it works for me as well!

    ReplyDelete