Sunday, November 13, 2016

Famous Last Words

I wanted to write about a huge break through for me, not only as a person, but also as a writer. I typically don't like writing about my feelings or anything along those lines but I this week I decided to write my father a letter. My father and I have no relationship and have not communicated in about a year. I have a lot of built up anger and chose to express why I was hurt and angry and how he does not need to worry about me anymore. I do not honestly know if I will send him the letter or if I did it just for my own mental health but I did feel somewhat better after I wrote down my thoughts and feelings. 
         The reason I have chosen as of now not to send it is strictly because I do not want my siblings to get repercussions because my father is that way. If he knows they talk to me he will blame them for our problems and that is not fair to them. Maybe once they are out of the house or they are old enough to handle their own then I will share it with him. But until then I am proud of myself for putting my words and feelings on paper and being honest with not only him but also myself. I plan on leaving the hate and anger behind and moving forward after today. I am graduating in a year and have made it without him for the past four years. I can do it for the next one and then I will show him that I did not fail like he assumed I would. I feel so much better after showing this and I am glad I finally just did it.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment